Hey there little dude,
It’s been a while since I sent you a note. We are kind of hunkered down and off the grid getting all prepared for you. You’ll be here in 94 days- can you believe that!? You weigh about 2 pounds, and you are getting big!
Sometimes you push really hard outwards and we can feel your body sticking out. Other times I put my hand on moms tummy and you punch or kick right away- like you are high-fiving dad!
Some observations as we finish up week 26 and the second trimester:
1. Babies take a really long time to arrive.
2. Someone should write a book or create a website with entertainment ideas for expectant parents.
3. If mom is really still and really quiet for more than a few minutes, it’s because you are kicking her and she is being selfish so I don’t come over and make you stop.
4. Moms favorite time of day is after dinner when she lays down on her back and you start kicking.
5. Overtime and expectant moms don’t mix.
6. Christmas shopping is hard when your wife is pregnant.
7. Don’t buy a boat.
8. It’s impossible to get a photo that captures how cute your momma looks with you in her.
9. Getting ready to be a dad makes you way more calm.
10. Choosing a name for your son is really hard.
11. I dream about having a big game room, and you being like 5, and us playing ping pong, pool, and watching football. I realized the man cave in our next house will be for 2.
12. I can’t buy concert tickets or plan any vacations for next year because our little man will be here.
13. Apparently you love French fries and quesadillas.
14. You have more clothes than I do.
15. Hanging out in your room is pretty cool.
16. I haven’t slept more than an hour or two in 3 nights. Your mom kicks and rolls like she is in someone’s tummy all night.
17. I’m already proud of you and you haven’t done anything yet.
Basically at this point we are just working and killing time as we wait for you to arrive. Your Grandma and Grandpa Meinsen will be here in a few weeks for Christmas. The tree is up. The house is decorated. This is our last Christmas without our little boy.
Have a good day in moms tummy little man. Be good. And try to hold still tonight- your dad needs sleep!